Please submit two memorized songs. Songs can be in Music Theater or Classical style. Both songs can be in English or one in a foreign language. Arias are not required.
TIPS WHEN RECORDING:
- Make sure the camera shows full view of the student.
- Use a tripod if at all possible for a steady video quality.
- Observe sounds in the background. Distracting noises such as a dog barking or a siren blaring make it difficult to hear the tone of the musician!
- Check the quality of sound of the recording equipment. Make sure it accurately depicts the good tone and intonation of the student for a more successful entry.
- View the light contrast. Check that the performer is not standing as a silhouette against a bright light or a window. Darker backgrounds provide a better contrast.
BEFORE SENDING IN YOUR VIDEO/APPLICATION:
- Preview the recording via YouTube using the URL address you have copy/pasted into the application form. Check for these criteria:
Is there sound?
Is there a picture?
Are the notes & rhythms correct?
Is the solo performed without stopping?
- Submit the audition form making sure to include the YouTube video address so that it is received along with the teacher recommendation form from your teacher by the deadline.
- Late auditions are not accepted.